The Drunken Poet
                                               -Sajan Rai
 Like all that the hundred men made
And the thousand poets wrote
I saw nights wrapped the days, and I wrapped her with my arms
When all the beauties shiver, I gorged on her love and survive
With her eyes, I saw my frailty-she appeared soul in me.
Now I defy the truth- she left me
The vengeance came, and I loved her again-
Akin the sky and the soil
The distance bargained for untouched closeness.
Now I stand, my love lay; my nights, her young day
And why the same yesterdays we shared?
On her last letters I slept; reading the story of my immature love;
Half alive; I saw myself reciting the death.
I veil the story; I sealed those sweet tempest.
She was the pen of my fate, if all the inks are like her
The crowd of love would recede and only the drunken poet shall live in.
I woke up and turned back once;
 And I walked again, but she like

A silhouette, lingered among the twilights of our last night.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment